Product recirculation from pump discharge to seal through a flow control orifice.
1. Prevents product from vaporizing by maintaining positive pressure above vapour pressure.
2. Becomes a self-venting plan for horizontal pumps.
3. Default API Plan for most single seals.
1. In general, applications with clean non-polymerizing fluids with moderate temperatures.
1. Calculation of recirculation flow rate, heat removal and orifice size are required.
2. Orifice size should be at least 1/8” (3.2mm).
3. Check the margin between discharge pressure and seal chamber pressure to ensure proper flow of fluid.
4. Do not use with media containing solids and abrasives.