Dead ended seal chamber with no flush fluid circulation.
1. Applicable to low seal chamber pressure and process temperature.
2. Can be used with tapered seal chambers, especially for slurries.
3. Normally is used along with a jacketed seal chamber.
1. In cool clean fluids with high specific heat, such as water, in relatively low speed pumps.
1. To avoid flashing, process fluid temperature must be taken into consideration.
2. Avoid use without cooling / heating jacket (for cylindrical chambers).
3. Ensure top point vent in throat bush (for cylindrical chambers in horizontal pumps).