Mechanical Seal for Steam Turbines
Reduce process steam loss, improve turbine efficiency.
The STS™ mechanical seal has been developed in conjunction with a major oil refinery to replace existing carbon ring seals normally fitted to steam turbines. STS™ adopts AESSEAL® dry running gas compressor seal technology to provide a solution that significantly reduces the steam leakage typically associated with standard carbon ring seals.
Typical Benefits of Steam Turbine Mechanical Seal Technology
- Increased turbine reliability
- Reduced turbine maintenance costs
- Reduced bearing contamination
- Non-contacting technology extends life of seal
- Elimination of Shaft Wear – generated by the Carbon seal
- Greatly reduces steam loss and increases efficiency