The AESSEAL® apprenticeship scheme offers a real alternative to university
Here at AESSEAL® we understand the importance of learning through experience and have identified ten areas to grow our own future employees. We offer diverse opportunities to enable you to advance in your career throughout a variety of different disciplines, not just engineering.
In collaboration with The Source, Rotherham College and the ARMC you could complete an apprenticeship in one of the following disciplines;
- Business Admin
- Human Resources
- Customer Service
- Health and Safelty
- Mechanical Engineering
Successful applicants will complete either a Level 2 or 3 NVQ qualification in their chosen topic, depending on their current education level. Please see the job descriptions for more information.
We work in partnership with the RNN Group (which incorporates Rotherham, North Notts College, Dearne Valley College and other training organisations) and the AMRC to find the best path for you to achieve your goal depending on your current qualification level.
If selected for the RNN Group apprenticeship you’ll start work straight away with us and spend one day a week at college for up to three years. Your studies may include;
- NVQ3 work based (Mechanical)
- Diploma in Engineering Level 3 (Mechanical)
- Functional Skills: English, Maths and ICT
- ERR: Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS: Personal Thinking and Learning Skills
- Foundation Competence Level 2
- Development Competence Level 3
- Development Technical Knowledge Level 3
Our 3 year manufacturing apprenticeship with the ARMC follows the program below:
- Full time learning at Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) and will study Performing Engineering Operations Level 2,
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills,
- Technical Certificate Year 1,
- Level 3 tasks.
- Day release to AMRC Training Centre whilst based at AESSEAL®, Mill Close.
- You will study Technical Certificate Year 2, NVQ Level 3 plus Additionality and Enrichment modules.
- You will continue to be assessed in the workplace studying NVQ Level 3 plus Additionality and Enrichment modules.
Whether you chose to complete an apprenticeship in Sales or Mechanical Engineering, should the chance arise, we offer equal opportunities to move into other departments during your apprenticeship. We empower our employees to do so once they have gained the necessary skills and experience. Different education routes may be provided to support these eventualities.
Once your initial apprenticeship is complete, we’ll encourage you to aim higher and work with you to make time for further study. Many of our apprentices have gone on to further higher education learning and progressed their careers within the AESSEAL Group, including international travel and placements.